Saturday, October 15, 2011

Letting Go















I just read Penn Jilette's book, GOD, NO and I was moved by his family's way of dealing with death. His dying mother had helium balloons by her bedside, and she told them that when she died she wanted them to take them outside and let them go, and to realize that they would never see those balloons again. It became a family tradition with them. I would like my families (blood and otherwise) to accept my passing (even though it's not going to happen til sometime after the universe stops expanding if I have anything to say about it) in a similar way.



As for me, I will be in Hell ... Heaven ... Paradise ... the Great Unknown ... the Other Side ... the Grey Havens ... Tanelorn ... and the Shadowland. None of these places exist, but then neither will I.

No comments: